General Election – November 7, 2017
The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017. All regular polling places will be open from 6:00am – 7:00pm.
In the November 2017 General Election, Virginia voters will vote on:
- Statewide: Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General
- Member, Virginia House of Delegates
- Local Offices (Board of Supervisors and School Board in many counties)
You must be currently registered to vote—or submit an application to become registered to vote—by October 16, 2017 in order to vote in the General Election. This is also the deadline to make any address changes if you are currently registered. Your initial application or changes to your registration must be received or postmarked by the deadline in order to be timely received.
- Check Your Voter Registration Status-Online Tool (Virginia Department of Elections)
- Becoming a Registered Voter (Virginia Department of Elections)
- Download Voter Registration Application (PDF Format) (complete and submit to the General Registrar of your locality)
You may vote absentee in-person beginning approximately 45 days before the election during regular business hours at your local elections office up until the close of business on Saturday, November 4th. You may request a mail absentee ballot until the close of business on Tuesday, October 31st. All mail absentee ballots must be voted and returned by 7:00pm on Election Day (11/7/17).
Additionally, elections offices will hold special hours (a minimum of 8 hours) on Saturday, October 28th and Saturday, November 4th for absentee in-person voting.
If you meet an acceptable reason under Virginia law to vote by absentee ballot, you may do so for the General Election. There are approximately 17 reasons that you may use to request to vote by absentee ballot for the election.
- Absentee Voting Information (Virginia Department of Elections)
- Download Blank Absentee Ballot Application (PDF Format)
Absentee Voting Application Deadlines for General Election
In-person: November 4, 2017 By Mail: October 31, 2017
Virginia’s 6th House of Delegates District
Voting Questions or Concerns
If you have questions or concerns about the voting process, you may contact the following governmental offices.
Carroll County General Registrar of Voters
605-3 Pine St., B110
Hillsville, VA 24343-1404
Phone: (276) 730-3035
Smyth County General Registrar of Voters
121 Bagley Cir., Suite 422
Marion, VA 24354
Phone: (276) 706-8331
Wythe County General Registrar of Voters
245 South Fourth St, Suite 101
Wytheville, VA 24382-2598
Phone: (276) 223-6038
Virginia State Board of Elections
Washington Building, First Floor
1100 Bank St.
Richmond, VA 23219
Phone: (804) 864-8901